Teeth sensitivity refers to the dental condition when a person feels sudden pain or stark sensation in the lining of one or more teeth. Experts from Chisel Dental Clinic say that sensitive teeth may rob you from the joy of eating your favourite food items, therefore, you need to become alert as soon as your teeth show the initial signs of sensitivity. People with sensitive teeth often experience a stark pain and this keeps them uncomfortable and uneasy while eating or drinking anything.
Dental experts say that depletion of the tooth enamel is the major cause behind the sensitivity. Due to the depletion, the sensitive middle layer of the affected tooth gets exposed and the nerve endings present in this layer get irritated by the food items that a person eats. Generally, excessively hot and excessively cold foods and drinks cause great disturbance to the nerve endings. This is the reason behind the severe pain in the affected tooth.
There are a number of reasons that can lead a person towards the problem of tooth sensitivity but the major reasons are:
- Brushing the teeth in a very rough way on a regular basis. Gradually, this habit can wear away the tooth enamel.
- Poor oral hygiene is also one of the major reasons behind sensitive teeth.
- Unhealthy eating habits or too much consumption of junk food can also cause a number of dental issues including sensitivity.
- Untreated cavities in the tooth can also lead to sensitivity.
- Harmful chemicals used in the procedure of tooth whitening.
The best way to stay away from the sensitive tooth is to maintain proper oral hygiene. You must try to wash your mouth after every meal in order to wash away the food particles. If you think that you too are suffering from tooth sensitivity then you must make your way to the dentist as soon as possible!
Leave a Reply