Tooth enamel is extremely vulnerable and can get stained by the constant consumption of certain food items. The tooth enamel absorbs the color of foods and beverages and this leaves a yellow or brown tint on your teeth. Therefore, experts from Chisel Dental Clinic suggest that we must take extra care of our teeth in order to keep them white and bright. Read on to know a few consumable items that can stain your teeth in the long run:
- Coffee: Most of us are coffee addicts, but the truth is that excessive coffee is bad for your teeth. Coffee is dark in color and frequent consumption can leave brownish stains on your teeth.
- Tea: We love tea as much as we love coffee, but sadly it also has the ability to stain the teeth in the long run. The best way is to switch to green tea or herbal teas.
- Red Wine: It surely is one of the most loved beverages in the world, but due to its deep color it also holds the potential of harming the tooth enamel by staining it.
- Colored Soda: This is one item that instantly leads to discoloration of teeth. The citric acids present in colored soda are harmful enough to corrode the tooth enamel and causes a stain.
- Fruit Juices: Juices, particularly dark colored juices such as grape and cranberry, can leave a colorful shade on the teeth and tongue. You can eat whole fruits instead of drinking juices. In case you like juices, then the best thing is to wash your mouth thoroughly with water soon after drinking juice.
- Candies and Chocolates: These sweeties are not so sweet towards the health of our teeth and gums. Apart from staining the teeth, they also lead to cavities and other dental issues.